- Midday: The middle of the day, 12 noon.
What time did he arrive?
- Century: 100 years
When did this occur?
About a century ago
- Decade: A period of 10 years
How long did you work there?
For a decade
- Fortnight: 14 days
What is the waiting period?
It is a fortnight
- Dawn: The first appearance of light in the sky before sunrise
What time do you leave for work?
- Eternity: Unending time
How long do you think people will remember Shakespeare?
I believe for eternity
- Day break: Dawn
What time did you wake up today?
I was up at day break
- Dusk: Around sunset time
What time are you returning from work?
- Mileage: Distance measured in miles
What is the mileage of your car?
It is 17km/l
- Space: A continuous area or expanse which is free and unoccupied
Where do you think it is launched?
- Kilometre: A metric unit of measurement equal to 1,000 metres
How far is the office from here?
Not very far, just about a kilometre away
- Yard: A unit of linear measure equal to 3 feet
Is it really far away?
It is a few yards from here
- Mile: a unit of linear measure equal to 1,760 yards
Can you tell me how far the airport is?
It is miles away, leave early
- Remote: Far away
Where exactly is it?
It is at a remote location
- Stretch: Very long
How far is it, can I walk the distance?
It is quite a stretch; I would recommend you take the bus
- Stride: a long, decisive step
She crossed the room in a few strides
- Estimate: Approximate
Can you give me an estimate of how much that would cost?
- Monetary: Includes money
What are my monetary benefits?
- Overpay: Paid over the set amount
Was I overpaid this month?
- Afford: Over the budget
How much does it cost? Do you think I can afford it?
- Marginal cost: The increase or decrease in costs as a result of increase or decrease of the number of units
What is the marginal cost of this product?
- Unit Cost: Cost per product
What is the unit cost of this item?
- Expensive: Costs a lot of money?
Is this very expensive? What is the cost for this item?
- Cheap: Opposite of expensive
How much does this cost? I hope it is cheap; I do not have a lot of money right now